Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Year Has Gone By

What a year.  I don't even really know where to start reminiscing about this past year.  By far, this has been one of the most memorable years I think I've had to date.  Our son was born, we had our 1st wedding anniversary, I started back to school for my 2nd degree... whew!  As this year is drawing to a close, I've done a lot of thinking about what my resolutions might be for this next year.  I've decided that instead of trying to change mind sets and mental things, I am aiming towards things I can physically & concretely accomplish. 


I want to do a little recap of this past year (mainly about Will.)  It seems as if my year started, heck, my life started, when Will was born.  You think as a parent you will be their teacher and guide and role model.  If anything, Will has taught me more things so far than I've done with him. (I basically just feed him and love on him)....  He has taught me more about love than I've ever known.  It's a love so great in my heart, I literally cannot compare it to anything else.  He shows me to open my eyes to things like I've never seen them before.  I've watched him experience so many firsts.  And each time, his look is of amazement and awe.  I know if I could just look at the world the way he does, it might make each day a little sweeter.  Will has taught me that it really is the simple things in life.  I could buy him all the toys in the world but all he wants is for his mama to chase him around the house and scoop him up in a hug only a child, YOUR child can give.  But flashy lights and music doesn't hurt either!!  I've learned if I could just look at myself half of the time the way he sees me all of the time, I might appreciate myself a little more.  Well now that I've made myself cry... on with my resolutions. 

  1. Become a better photographer (of Will) :)
  2. Join a gym & take better care of myself
  3. Go on a vacay!! 
  4. Enjoy working -possible??
  5. Plant and maintain a garden
  6. Save money better
  7. Read more
  8. Get a cat
  9. Get Tonto ready for Will to ride when he's 3 :)
  10. Go on another mission trip and get Will involved (babies are good therapy, no?)

That is what I've come up with to accomplish in 2012.  I'm sure there will be ups and downs along the way but that's why I have faith.  For when things get too hard, I just let it go to God.  Maybe that should be another resolution.  Letting God handle more of my problems instead of me trying to conquer them all.  He knows what's going to happen anyways, right?  I wish everyone peace and happiness in the new year and most of all, I wish for everyone to have love. 

See ya next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment