Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas fun!

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas, which was also known this year as Will's 1st Christmas.  We all had such a great time!  We started celebrating Christmas Eve night while we opened stockings.  Then we started early Christmas day exchanging gifts between the 3 of us.  (Jason got me an awesome silver necklace with a small heart on it- so sweet if I do say so!)  We then left for his parents house for breakfast and round 1 on Christmas gift exchange.  Will was only REALLY excited about a few gifts- but he sure had fun with the bows and torn off paper! 



We headed home for a quick nap and re-grouping before heading to my grandmother's house for lunch (really an afternoon meal) and round 2 of exchanging gifts.  My aunt did it up right and didn't even wrap Will's gift.  It was a large John Deere dump truck so wrapping would have been a bit much.  Will helped everyone unwrap their gifts and pretty much stole the show.  He is quite the little ham! 

We left her house full of food and laughter, headed home, and crashed!  We were all pretty exhausted but I think Will had the most fun!  We got up the next morning and headed to my mom's house for round 3 of gift exchange and breakfast.  My sister-in-law and I "helped" fix breakfast while the boys sat back and chatted. My mom always has a way of giving us our gifts that adds a bit of a challenge and fun.  This year she wrapped all of our gifts, left them unmarked and put them in a large box.  We had to go through the box feeling up the gifts trying to figure out which gift went with what.  The key was- all 4 of us had a gift to open that matched everyone else.  For example:  Whit and I had body wash while Justin (my brother) and Jason had bars of soap!  It was fun times for sure.  Will enjoyed playing in the box lid on the side :) 

Alex, Whitney & Gail

 mimosa & bloody mary to your left!

silly stinker boo!

Round 4 was at my dad's house Monday evening where we enjoyed homemade tortellini and bread!


We had a small gift exchange with him and then we called it quits on Christmas 2011!  We thoroughly enjoyed spending Will's 1st Christmas with our families but enjoyed coming home to relax as a small family even more.  I am sad to see the holidays gone but can muster through because next on my agenda- planning Will's 1st birthday... which I am using pinterest to help design.  Homemade crafts are in my future, time to get the hot glue gun going! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment