Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

After being so long without a home computer, I got slightly behind on reading some blogs that I religiously enjoy.  One post that I missed (but so thankfully got to catch up on) really inspires me.  I encourage everyone to read this post.  It takes so little for us to do something so selfless but how many times do we actually do this.  This post is about a young woman's birthday but instead of celebrating it for herself as I know I like to sooo many times, she celebrated by doing random acts of kindness.  And there really is no greater joy than doing something for someone else. Again, I encourage anyone who might see my page to check her post <---  out.

This morning started out great!  Not only was it the real first day that I did not have a single deadline, but Jason stayed home a little longer and we had breakfast together as a family.  See, it really is the simple things :)  After he left for work, Will and I started/finished some Christmas presents.  My sister-in-law and I are being semi- crafty this year and are attempting to make a few presents ourselves.  I finished a few of those projects we have been working on this week.  Then, Will and I left to run our errands.  We had a big list to get today.  We didn't quite finish everything on our list, but there's always the weekend.  We did, however, get so many gifts bought for our family. On my way home I was so excited but then I remembered it wouldn't be until next weekend when we could give them.   We also managed to get a visit in to my grandmother.  We had a really nice visit with her and she loves seeing Will.  I have to mention my grandmother may be 80 pounds soaking wet so she can't pick up Will or get around with him very well.  So any time that I can spend with her while he is in a fun mood really does us both some good.  She can always hold him while he's having a drink ;) and a still moment.  Will and I went out and watched the horses for a bit before we left. 


After I finally got home and burnt our supper :) :)  I was feeling a little overwhelmed about a few certain things going on.  Luckily, Jason stepped in and I stole a few quiet minutes away.  Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle and bustle of our lives but a few  minutes of silence does a person some good. 

Going to bed soon and again, attempting to keep Will in his bedroom tonight!

1 comment: